Short Stories

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Restaurants in Japan

What really bugs me about foreign restaurants in Japan, most of the restaurants Japanize the authentic taste and it ends up being Japanese food. For example, Indian foods in Japan is totally Japanized, except for this one restaurant. After quitting his miserable job at Intel, my Indian friend decided to establish his own restaurant. As much as I hate the guy, I do love his restaurant. I hate this guy so much, that he is currently reading this message. I do love his restaurant though and I took many friends from work and other places to experience what good Indian food taste like. No Japanese rice, and the food is not Japanized. They have real Indian rice and real Indian curry. It's by far the best Indian food I'd ever had. My sister took me to an Indian restaurant in San Francisco, where Mr. Oracle usually take her. I tried it, but to me, this restaurant was just expensive. I much rather pay $100 on my friend's restaurant, than the one in San Francisco. My grandmother agreed with me as well. If you guys are currently living in Japan and wanting to try good Indian food, then visit this site www.swagat-jp.com I took my Soviet boyfriend there and he loved it. After treating him for dinner, I was expecting some pleasure in return. Unfortunately, I realized that this Soviet boy was just nothing but a tease and gave me false hopes.

Now this Sukebe Vietnamese friend established a Vietnamese restaurant in Kawasaki. I love Vietnamese food, but not the ones in Japan. Almost every Vietnamese restaurant in Japan is Japanized. Especially the Pho Ha (Vietnamese Ramen), which for some strange reason, they use thick Thai noodles. Since my Sukebe Vietnamese friend also lived with my Indian friend who runs Swagat, they both run a restaurant that is not Japanized. I hate both of these guys, but I do enjoy eating at their restaurant. I hate them so much that they are also reading this message right now. After trying out his restaurant, especially the Pho Hoa, I now want to constantly visit his restaurant almost everyday. Kawasaki is a bit far away, but just to have a good Vietnamese food, I am willing to go out the distance to have some good Vietnamese food. They make the best Pho Hoa and the best Gui Con (Spring Rolls) in Japan so far. If you want to visit, you can visit this website www.pntran.com

Now, I would like to find a good Communist restaurant in Japan. The last time I had good Communist food was when I was with my sexy Communist honey while we were in San Francisco. Back at the old Intel days, we freaked out eating lunch at the Intel cafeteria so we decided to go to Russia town in SF and buy some good Russian food. That bread was awesome and I thought Communist food was only boorish and strogenoff.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home