Short Stories

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Into The Sun

As you know, years ago I wrote about my experience when my friend snuck me into the set of the movie, "Into The Sun". Recently there was an article about Steven Seagal being sued by several movie companies for arriving to the set 30 minutes late and leaving early. I'm pretty sure Seagal fans are going to accuse me of writing those articles as well. I don't know what he did in his other movies and reading about Seagal arriving 30 minutes late. I think they were being extremely humble to the guy, because when I was at the set of, "Into The Sun" he was 2 hours late. Maybe it was the prostitutes who wore him out.. I guess his fans are going to accuse me of writing this article about Steven as well.

http://cbs2.com/entertainmentbriefs/ARCHIVE/20050613/resources_entertainment_html#story2

I don't care anymore since my friend was lucky not to be in this disaster movie. While I was in Southeast Asia, I decided to buy the pirated DVD of "Into The Sun". Since I wasn't stupid enough to rent it, buying the pirated version was so much cheaper. As soon as I got back from Southeast Asia, I brought this movie over to my friend's place and we tried watching this movie. Sorry to say, but this movie was far worse than I expected. I eventually realized I met actors I never knew. For some reason, actors started a conversation with me, this lady who played Seagal's girlfriend began talking to me. I thought to myself, "Why are you talking to me?" I had to bullshit with her saying, "I was an extra" Just so I wouldn't get kicked out of the set. I also saw the nightclub scene where the Thai prostitute replaced my friend because Steven yanked him out of the picture and had his prostitute replace him. Yes, she was a real prostitute Steven bought from Thailand. Later I found out the guy who bought the prostitute for Steven got fired. Yeah, he didn't do a good job in buying prostitute. In other words, he got ripped off. It's a common thing in Thailand to get ripped off if you are not Asian, but the guy who got fired was a Japanese-American.

Anyway, not to get carried away. I tried watching this movie, but it was so boring after 15 minutes it was hard to watch the rest of the film. My friend's wife really got grossed out, when Steven Seagal was doing the love scene. I am not a girl so it's hard to understand how she felt, but then again if guy over 50 years old weighing over 400 pounds does a love scene, I guess it's like watching Neil Carter or Roseanne Barr doing a love scene. Yeah, Steven is extremely out of shape. He was so fat that he had to wear elevator shoes and an overcoat to cover that giant stomach of his. Steven was big in both ways. I didn't realize how tall he is, but I also didn't realize how fat he's gotten. There were like 2 guys and 2 girls watching this movie at my friend's pad. I couldn't stand watching this movie, I can understand why this movie never came out in the theaters. It's like throwing money away. I waited to see the credits, at least my friend's name was in the credit.

I'm pretty sure all them Seagal fans are going to accuse me of making this all up. One guy had make up a story on how he knew the director Mink and claimed we were never there. The only problem is, this guy has no idea who my friend is so how can he ask and I don't remember introducing myself to anyone. I don't know him and I never talked to him. By the way, he forgot how my friend snuck me in. Talk about celebrity obsession, it's a sad way to go through life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home