Short Stories

Thursday, October 20, 2005

2005 World Series

Who would imagine that the Chicago White Sox would be playing the Houston Astros in the World Series? Chicago never experienced a World Series since 1959 and haven't won since 1917. I don't know much about Chicago, but I wondering who the Cubs fans are pulling for?

I have a friend who is a diehard Cubs fan, he told me that his grandfather never lived to see his Cubbies go to the World Series and I thought I was suffering as a Giants fan. I experienced the Giants going to 2 World Series, but never won. The last time the Giants won a World Series was never in San Francisco, but in New York. I was at the 1989 World Series, and people will remember it as the Earthquake series. Too bad the earthquake is the only thing worth remembering because the Giants got swepted by Oakland. The 2002 World Series really broke my heart, the Giants were 6 outs away from winning the World Series.

I think I will be pulling for the White Sox, they suffered long enough.

I am not asking for much in life, but before I die, all I am asking for is to witness San Francisco Giants and Barry Bonds to win a World Series ring. I don't think I am asking too much. I don't want to be in a situation like my friend's grandfather and never live to see the Giants win a World Series. I guess his grandfather suffered more because he never experienced the Cubs even going to the World Series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home