Short Stories

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Jason Lewis

Have any of you seen the TV show, "Sex in the City"?

I personally don't watch the show. I actually tried watching it, but the show just bored me. It is more of a "Chick Flick". Anyway, I do not really want to talk about that show.

A friend of mine since elementary school told me that an actor named Jason Lewis is on the TV show "Sex in the City". Being curious as I am, I was wondering if this is the same Jason Lewis who I remember from my Junior High School.

I look at his biography and date of birth, then begin thinking to myself whether or not this is the same Jason Lewis I remember from Jr. High. I looked at his picture on the internet and he does look very similar to the Jason Lewis I remembered from 8th grade.

If he is, I admit I was never friends with the guy. I never considered him as an enemy either. I know that Jason Lewis is a very common name, I'm just hoping this is not the same Jason Lewis I remember from Jr. High. Why?

Just say I did something bad to him. I never picked on him, but not many people liked him. I personally had nothing against the guy because I barely knew him. Back in 8th grade, kids believe anything that they hear. I had a reputation as a trouble-maker. I used to light firecrackers at school locker room. Decorate the school with toilet paper. Lighting the school garbage can on fire. You know, stuff like that. I also got credited for the bad things I did not do.

Rumors in junior high school spreads like disease. Guys claim that they broke their virginity, and stuff like that. The Jason Lewis I remember back in 8th grade was tall, good-looking guy. He was 5-10 back then and that's considered very tall for an 8th grader. He had dark blond hair and blue eyes. He was the new kid in the block and started off very popular with the girls. So many girls like the guy, but he seemed to show no interest. Rumors began to spead that he is gay. Many guys were jealous of Jason. One of my friend began to start a rumor about how he had sex with another guy. I didn't know Jason Lewis, but there was this other guy who I didn't really like. My friend who didn't like Jason Lewis told me how he had sex with the guy who I didn't really like. At the time, I believed the story was true. Remember, I was an 8th grader and they believe anything they hear.

I end up having the same English class with Jason. As a joke, I gave him a nickname. I named him Mr. Buttf--k! He didn't like that name. Then again, who does.

As you know how bad rumors spead, it began to go out of control. One day I told someone else about this ButtF rumor. He made it worse by telling others that I had a picture of Jason and this other guy doing it. Everybody believed that story, up to the point that people were asking me about that picture. The picture which doesn't exist, because that BF incident never exist. It's amazing that people believe everything they hear. Some people tried to threaten me to show that imaginary picture. The truth was, Jason had no interest in girls. Neither did I, but I hid the fact that I had no interest. To be honest with you, I didn't have interest in girls until I graduated from high school. I was too busy getting expelled and causing trouble.

I know this story is 20 years ago, but I wonder if he is the same Jason Lewis I remember from my Jr. High. He looks very similar to the Jason I remember, and if he is, I want to apologize for helping others spread that bad rumor about him. I knew he wasn't and people wanted to believe everything they wanted to hear.

I had many bad rumors spread about me. Some of them were true, but most of them were not. I remember lighting so many garbage cans on fire, especially the plastic ones. Then again, I was a kid. Kids were known to do cruel things.

According to Jason's biography on Yahoo, he was born in Southern California. The question is, did he ever live in Northern California for 1 year before he moved back to Southern Cal?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home